World Water Day is coming up on Sunday, March 22. What does having clean water mean to you? In a comment on our Facebook page, someone said, “Clean water is to the body what Jesus is to the spirit… LIFE!”
Did you know that today 750 million people around the world have no access to clean water? Almost half of those people live in South Asia. (source) What’s even more sobering is that whether or not we talk about this water crisis, it persists every single day.
- Moms have no choice but to give their children dirty water to drink.
- Every minute, a child dies from a water-related disease. (source)
- Globally, women spend 200 million hours collecting water for their families.
- Open defecation and the lack of sanitation cause the water crisis to persist. About 65% of people living in rural India do not have access to a toilet. (source)
Each statistic represents real people who are suffering without clean water and more than anything else, without Christ.
To combat this water crisis in nations throughout South Asia, Gospel for Asia digs Jesus Wells and provides BioSand Water Filters to families and communities thirsty for clean, fresh water. We also provide safe, reliable sanitation by building outdoor toilets, preventing an epidemic of water-related diseases. Through the provision of clean water, many communities are becoming more open to hearing about the God who loves them and provides for their needs! Learn more about Gospel for Asia’s clean water ministry here.
Your blogging focus for the month of March is clean water. Let’s share about World Water Day not only to bring awareness for the global need, but also to inspire our readers and friends to action!
Ideas to get you started:
- What does having clean water mean to you?
- What is one scenario in your own life where a lack of clean water would be an incredible hardship?
- Connect World Water Day with your own life to bring the need closer to home for your blog readers.
- Read and share this story of how a Jesus Well transformed Karishma’s family and village.
In the face of this huge issue, our words may seem like only a drop in the bucket. But each drop makes a ripple, spreading wider to make an impact that stretches into eternity. THANK YOU for partnering with Gospel for Asia through your blog! “For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because of your name as followers of Christ, truly I say to you, he will not lose his reward.” – Mark 9:41
World Water Day 2015 – Infographic
Did you know that today about 750 million people around the world have no access to clean water? Almost half of those people live in South Asia. What’s even more sobering is that whether or not we talk about this water crisis, it persists every single day.
This new infographic is available for you to share on your blog! Let’s be vocal about World Water Day not only to bring awareness for the global need, but also to inspire our readers and friends to action.
Embed on your blog or website: Copy the code in the box below and paste into the text editor of your blog post.